Maileva can save you a lot of time and money and give you new control over your mail. However, Maileva is not right for all mailings so it is important to understand where Maileva is the best choice and when you should use a mailing house like
BTB Mailflight instead.
The main differences between Maileva and using a traditional mailing house are:
- Speed - Maileva can produce your mail with no notice the same day
- Flexibility - Maileva is not suitable for all types of mail
- Cost savings on small mailings and adhoc mail - these are achievable with Maileva, as well as larger mailings
- Capacity - Some mailing houses can handle larger volume mailings than Maileva can handle each day
- Feasibility - Maileva is also a solution for adhoc post which you cannot typically send to a mailing house
Maileva is a system that enables you to create mail using a PC in a similar way to normal i.e. from a mailmerge in Word or invoices from your finance system, etc. but when you click on 'print' the documents are automatically and securely sent over the internet to our print and mail production facility where they are printed, fulfilled, and posted. Mail that is produced can be printed and posted the very same day, you do not need to schedule the job in or send us envelopes, letterhead, etc.
As well as speed, you also now have the ability to outsource mail production that you would typically have done inhouse before, because it was too small for a mailing house to take on, or just not feasible because the mail is adhoc unplanned mail produced by many people i.e. in a contact centre or admin office. Printing inhouse, using staff to stuff envelopes, or hiring mailing equipment and franking machines can be very expensive, take time, and you don't achieve significant postal savings.
By simply integrating Maileva with your IT network your adhoc mail can be automatically consolidated and sent to our ISO9001 and ISO14000 accredited printing and mailing centre as a daily bulk mailing.
What can I send with Maileva?
You can send:
- From 1 letter to thousands of letters
- Up to 6 sheets of double-sided A4 paper (12 sides) in a C5 envelope, or up to 45 sheets in a C4 envelope.
- Full colour or black and white documents
- Insert an additional A4 document along with your main letter/s
- You can include a Business Reply Envelope (BRE)
- Examples include letters, invoices, statements, memos, payslips, and marketing material.
What postal options does Maileva offer?
- 1st class
- 2nd class
- Registered Mail
- Special Delivery
Additional services you get with Maileva
Maileva is not just a basic hybrid mail service, in addition to the postal services and printing services highlighted above it also offers:
- Automatic address enhancement to improve delivery rates
- Returns handling, you receive an Excel file containing details of any returned mail
- You can send email, SMS, and fax messages as well as mail
- You can integrate Maileva with your IT network and consolidate mail from several users i.e. in a contact centre, finance office, sales team, multisite business, etc.
- You can control what people/departments can send i.e. colour or mono, 1st class or 2nd class, etc, and you can set up mailing templates to manage branding
When should you use a mailing house like BTB Mailflight instead?
If your mail meets the above criteria then the savings in money and time can be significant. However, to achieve this Maileva is a fully automated process so there has to be limitations in order for it to be possible i.e A4 white paper only, C4 or C5 envelopes only, etc.
So if any of the statements below ring true then using a mailing house like BTB Mailflight offers the solution for you:
- I want to use a DL envelope
- I want to use a branded envelope
- I want to insert a brochure, catalogue, or merchandise with my letter
- I want my mail polywrapped
- I need to mail 50,000 people in one go and I have plenty of time to plan it (Maileva is perfect for large urgent mailings, but if you have plenty of time then a mailing house could be more cost effective for mass mailings).
- I want to mail thousands of people in several countries (Maileva can handle this, however using an international mail consolidator is likely to be more cost effective).
What can our mailing house partner, BTB Mailflight, offer you?
Maileva's sister company BTB Mailflight is one of the UK's leading mailing houses, and as part of the La Poste Group we are part of Europe's second largest postal group. BTB Mailflight's mailing house services include:
- 4 high speed envelope enclosing lines (inserting into DL, C5, and C4 envelopes, plain and printed, and windowed or non-windowed)
- Cut-sheet and continuous laser printing
- HP Indigo colour digital press and print finishing equipment
- 4 Sitma polywrapping lines
- Inkjet addressing
- 63,000 sq ft pick and pack centre
- UK postal services
- International postal solutions.
With BTB Mailflight you can send almost any type of mail no matter the size or complexity, and to any address in the world. Significant postal savings can be achieved, and their mailing house can mail from 500 items up to 2 million items. However, unlike Maileva which can send your mailing the same day, BTB Mailflight needs a few days to schedule in your mailing and undertake the pre-press and data processing work before the mailing can be fulfilled. This is the same when using any mailing houses.
Also, like most mailing houses, BTB Mailflight cannot handle adoc daily post, and if the mailing is very small i.e. under 500 items, they may not be interested in handling it. With Maileva you can send just 1 letter if you like!
Visit the BTB Mailflight website at: www.btbmf.co.uk